This page is still being added to. Please come back to see more details as we add them.
- 1885 - St. John's Episcopal Mission in Forestville begun.
- 1885-1887 - Parish met for worship in Firemen's Hall.
- 1886 - Sunday School established in January and first Confirmation Class confirmed in March.
- 1887 - Services moved to Bethesda Swedish Lutheran Church on Academy Street, Forestville. Dorcas Guild established for women, St. Agnes Guild for girls ages 14 and up.
- 1899 - James Hart Welch deeded land on Academy Street to the Episcopal Diocese of Connecticut on which to erect a church, April 18.
- 1900 - Ground
broken on October 5 for the new church, to be built in "American Gothic " style.
- 1901 - St. John's Chapel consecrated on June 20 by Episcopal Diocese of Connecticut Bishop Chauncey Brewster.
- 1916 - Girls Friendly Society formed.
- 1920 - First legal meeting of St. John's held January 30. First recognition of St. John's as a separate parish. Formerly considered a mission under Trinity Episcopal Church in Bristol
- 1925 - At parish meeting of May 26, 22 parishioners signed an application to become a mission of the Diocese of Connecticut, thereby establishing independent status.
- 1927 - Parish House formally opened, November 29.
- 1935 - 110 people attended a banquet in the Parish House to celebrate St. John's 50th Anniversary.
- 1940 - New electronic organ dedicated, October 13, replacing original foot-pumped organ.
- 1952 - The Rev. John W. McCann appointed first resident vicar, sharing his time with the Episcopal churches in New Britain and Terryville. The parish newspaper, St. John's News, begun in November.
- 1953 - First telephone installed. A Ladies Evening Guild and a Young Peoples Fellowship formed.
- 1954 - Steeple bell, donated by a student at Watkinson School, dedicated, January 3. Previously, this bell had served the old Watkinson chapel. On the first Sunday of August, a new Hammond electronic organ was installed.
- 1956 - The Rev. Robert B. Doing, Jr., appointed first full-time vicar. Vicarage at 21 Academy Street acquired.
- 1958 - Five acres of land purchased on Stafford Avenue in Bristol from the New Britain Water Company for the erection of a new, larger building.
- 1959 - Father Doing moved into the new split-level vicarage just built at 831 Stafford Avenue, April 11.
- 1961 - New church/all-purpose building, located at 851 Stafford Avenue in Bristol, dedicated by Episcopal Diocese of Connecticut Bishop John Esquirol, June 11.
- 1964 - Ground broken for the new educational wing, to be added to the all-purpose building, November 8.
- 1965 - New educational wing completed and occupied, May 6.
- 1966 - St. John's Nursery School opened in September, with sessions on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.
- 1968 - New pews, gifts of St. Paul's Episcopal Church in Waterville, installed in April.
- 1973 - Diocese financial support ends -- St. John's becomes a self-supporting parish in January. The Rev. George W. Razee, vicar since March 1, 1967, becomes first full-time Rector.
- 1977 - Mortgage on the 1961 church/all-purpose building burned, March 6.
- 1981 - Church ceiling insulated and ceiling fans installed.
- 1982 - Vestibule added to main entrance on west side of church. Celtic cross from original church on Academy Street refurbished and mounted on new vestibule roof.
- 1984 - New Baldwin electronic organ dedicated at a special concert on Palm Sunday.
2000-2009 - Decade of Highs and Lows
- 2001 - New sanctuary built as wing at south side of existing building.
- 2003-2006 - Conflict between some members of St. John's and the Episcopal Church over issue of ordination of gay bishop in New Hampshire.
- Priest and many members left over issue.
- The Episcopal Diocese of Connecticut helped remaining St. John's members continue God's mission in Bristol
2010s - Hanging the Rainbow Flag
- 2013 - After numerous discussions and Parish Meetings, the Vestry makes the decision to hang the Rainbow flag to show that All Are Welcome!